Rain in the City!

1:00 PM. Wednesday. And am still on my way to office. Smiling.

No, I don’t love my job. Don’t hate it either. But I love the flexibility that comes with it. And the drive.

In a metro like NCR, where I choose to drive 50kms one-way daily to work, people often ask me – why? My answers vary depending on my mood. Sometimes my husband is not willing to relocate from Gurgaon. Sometimes, it is the ‘us’ time we get that helps us bond better. Sometimes, NOIDA is too crowded. Sometimes, what if I decide to take up a new job in Gurgaon?

What I don’t reveal is the obvious – I love driving. Yes. Everyday. In Delhi.

Most days we (my husband and me) travel separately. Which leaves me with myself, my car, and my favorite songs on the loop. And my timings (to start the day) being rather flexible, I get those 4-hours of ‘me’ time.

And on days we travel together, I love taking detours to try a new food joint, or to explore new routes. Cribbing about work pressure, of course, comes free.

Like today. I started a little late. I was driving lazily through Shanti Path when it started pouring. Answering a concerned call from hubby, I decided to take a minute break, parked the car in a no-parking zone, and got out of the car. Ignoring the curious looks of the passer-by, I got busy welcoming the rain. Few minutes, and it made my day.

Today is not a day to spend at air-conditioned cubicle. So, I thought of bunking work for a moment. But one look at my calendar, I decided otherwise. I took the longest route possible to work to enjoy a drive in the rain. Stopped by in between to take pictures. And then, finally, when rain became drizzle, I parked my car at the parking.

Almost every day, I read thousands of articles about women liberation. To my mind, women liberation is much more than having a choice about when to get married, when to have a kid, or which career to choose.  It is also in such small things like having the freedom to enjoy rain on a workday, or cancelling a date with your hubby to go out for a drink with your best friend.


Do you agree?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do we really lose?

the Questions…

Names unnamed!