1 new message received!!

Had a long tiring day! Came back home, had dinner and an hour long routine conversation with mom, and was about to hit the bed when my phone beeped with the following message:

Most of us miss out life’s big prizes
Nobel
Oscar
Grammys

But we are all eligible for life’s small prizes:
A hug from best friend
A quick nap on a friend’s shoulder
A glorious sunset
A chat with someone we have a crush on
An ice cream when it’s raining
A silent night on the terrace
Money from old jeans
A stroll on an empty road with the person we love on a full moon night

So don’t worry about missing life’s big prizes
But take care of the small ones.

Don’t know why this text brought a smile to my face and I was compelled to share it. Wanted to add on to the list, but then thought of saving it for another post :-)

As of now, just wanted to thank all those people who made my life special by being a part of it…by ensuring that I have my share of small prizes…and have taught me to smile

To all those who have stayed up all night to accompany an insomniac me
To all those who have given in to my whims of having late night ice creams
To all those who have just been with me while I was busy rain walking
To him (my brother) for those endless silent night on terrace
To all those who hugged me to make me feel ‘life is beautiful’
To all those whose shoulders made me feel I don’t need a pillow
To him who made me feel that I too can capture a glorious sunset
To him (kaku) for helping me learn that life is beautiful when we learn to accept things

To him(s) for those midnight stroll…in reality and in dreams

And last but not the least, to the sweetest girl I know…for being there


P.S.: I know him(s) is an incorrect plural usage…but still wanted to use it

(Thought of tagging individuals who I want to thank, but then am sure those who are thanked here would get it for sure. And for rest of the world, ignorance is bliss)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Life is beautiful... believe me.

In day todays busy life, we are either too stressed out with our "lows" in life & become too ignorant to recognise the "Great Things" happening around us.But the moment you take a different approach and recogise all the "Good factors" happening around you, you will cherish your life, start liking all those people and things which make you feel "You are actually blessed".

This blog of your's states that you have recognised and appreciated the fact. Keep it up!!!

How true is the adage "Add Life to Your Years, not only Years to Your Life".. Isn't ?
moon.attic said…
true indeed...smile is always with us...we just need to learn how to appreciate the small things and smile. life is actually beautiful if we learn to accept that pains also add on to the beauty :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…