Colors…


Looking back, I see colors all around me. Red, blue, yellow, green, silver, golden…the colors of my childhood! As a kid, I loved playing with colors, coloring my dreams multicolor. Exams during Holi always made me sad, and every year I hoped next year Holi would fall after my exams, and I would be able to color my world.

From what I remember, I loved looking at myself in the mirror all colored. In spite of my mom’s shouting and dad’s “these colors are harmful for your skin”, I admired a colored me more than a pretty me.

As I grew up, colors of life changed. Priorities did. And so did I. What remains now are memories…of fun-filled Holi, of a special postponed Holi because I was out-of-town, of colored waters, of my first taste of bhang, and many more.

Sipping on the wine last night, I looked at the full moon. Only to realize no wine can replace the taste of my first bhang. Closed my eyes to see colors all smeared. Red, green, yellow, blue…all together…and I couldn’t distinguish one from the other. All I could see was white. Pure white…a numb yet soothing color.

But I loved colors…


Comments

Videhi said…
aaaww...i am so taken away with your love for the festival of colors..

i like this phrase..admired a colored me more than a pretty me
Mariposa... said…
But, white is the presence of all colors...
moon.attic said…
Yes, and only comes when you have experienced all the colors of life :-)
That was the idea behind white, but then, as kid, I loved colors and not white (perhaps because I didn’t experience many colors of life then)

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…