a friend turned true...


Have been long enough that I really posted anything. Well, 10 days is long enough (and my last post was almost a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) for someone who finds something crappy to write about every minute. So…here again I go…

Oops! Before I begin, I wanted to thank a friend of mine for being what he is! For being mature enough to nail facts straight into my head. I kept wondering while he was doing this, ‘Why did he have to do this?’ But now the duffer in me realized it all. And realized everybody comes to our life for a reason, and I found a reason for having him in my life. And am thankful that he is there…a friend in the true sense of the term!

Which made me think, how relationships evolve. We started on the note of being a stranger, found common interest to talk about (and trust me, there were hell lot of them, almost freaking us out!), became awesome friends (thanks to our boredom and common interest), kept talking for hours (literally almost all the waking hours) and never ran out of topic, made crazy plans just for the sake of time-pass (and got realistic at the thought of executing them), went mad at him for being lazy to screw up plans (to the extent of throwing my phone at him, and realizing he is 1700km away, and I threw it at my bedroom wall), fought and hated it, got back to talking, and back to being ourselves.

Through all these, we discussed life. Anything and everything under the sun, from the guy/ girl next door to relationships, from how people honk unnecessarily to how he needs a girl to go out, from how badly I want to be at Kolkata to his worldly advices, from Vodka shots to learning guitar. We thought, fought, re-thought.

And in the process of all this, I discovered a truth. A truth he stated long back when we started: ‘We would end up being awesome friends.’ 

As we were talking absolutely nonsense last night (yes…absolutely nonsense! We were supposed to discuss something serious, and he, being he, started joking about my prospective ‘n’ number of boyfriends even before I could complete the first sentence. And from there it went to the US and drinks and going out and three-year old FB updates…and we lost the trail), I realized he is one friend I have who is friend in the ‘true’ sense of the term. Because we have seen our relationship evolve with time, been there to hear all the cribbing and joy, silence and nonsense talks…

And now when I look back to where it started from, I know the answer of why it started. And believe in the fact that whatever happens, happens for a reason.

This post couldn’t have come…or could have come in some other form. But then, both of us believe open communication is the key to any relationship. So while am sure we would continue with our nonsense and sensible conversations for years to come, wanted to thank him for being a true friend.

Thanks! 

(What was it I wanted to talk about in the first place? Forgot…so would keep it for another post)

Comments

aakash said…
Sweet.. Makes me remember a similar friend. funny small world.
:)

aJ
moon.attic said…
Indeed funny small world. Where we come across such sweet friends :)

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…