Showers...


Pitch dark... two in the morning…fifth floor terrace…and weather update – low pressure for next couple of days. Wind literally blowing us away…rain hitting our face…and a shivering us. A soft whisper – “Close your eyes. Trust the wind, spread your arms”. That was my moment of belief, believe that I can fly. That was my moment of love, a love that soaked me.

That was my first night in the city – Hyderabad. With a friend I hardly knew then, but knew he is destined to be a friend for a good chunk of my life. Rain made us realize we share a lot in common. We did. From rain-walks to midnight pangs of hunger, from last minute ‘need to complete this’ to missing assignment deadlines, from exploring beef joints to oversleeping to miss lunch, from being human alarms for each other to kicking each other out of the bed to sleep….we did it all.

They say you look back to connect the dots. Now when I look back, I realize that my first week of Hyderabad had been such that I can never leave the city.  Rain binds me to the city. The first rain…and subsequent rains! And my love for the city… a love that soaked me.

First shower of the season. CA campus on June 3
Five years…the company has changed. I too have…perhaps! But did I? That friend of mine has moved to the US. We have left the cozy comfort of our hostel. I have become more matured and a little less crazy.

Less crazy? Five years back, all I needed to be myself was a rain-walk. Today, all I need to be myself is a rain-walk. Something I can’t resist. Yes…the partner-in-madness has changed. But the madness remains.

Five years back…I didn’t care when people called me crazy seeing me rain walking at two in the morning. Today, I don’t care when people think me crazy seeing me rain walking at two in the afternoon.

Yeah…university campus gave way to office campus… friends gave way to colleagues.

But I still give the world a damn! Some things really never change. Like the rain-walkers.

Note: Weird as it may seem, the rain-walkers of this post and my last post on rain-walk remain the same. Some rain-walkers don’t change I guess.  

Comments

Elina said…
Chronicles of a rain walker walking through the time... :)
Niladri said…
when it rains, it pours!!

Nice read.

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…