Tomorrow...

When tomorrow starts without me
And I am not there to see
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me


I wish so much you wouldn’t cry
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
I didn’t get to say


I know how much you love me
As much as I do
And each time that you think of me
I know you will miss me too


But when tomorrow starts without me
Please try and understand
That an angel came and called my name
And took me by the hand


But as I turned to walk away
A tear fell from my eye
For all the while I always thought
I didn’t want to cry


I had so much to live for
So much yet to do
It seemed almost impossible
That I was leaving you


I thought of all the yesterdays
The good ones and the bad
I thought of all the love we shared
And all the fun we had


If I could relive yesterday
Just even for a while
I’d say good bye and see you
Just maybe I’d see you smile


But then I fully realized
That this could never be
For emptiness and memories
Would take place of me


You have been so faithful
So trusting and so true
Though there were times you did things
You knew you shouldn’t do


You have been forgiven
And now at last you are free
So won’t you take my hand?
And share my life with me?


So when tomorrow starts without me
Don’t think we are far apart
For every time you think of me
I’m right there in your heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…