Love ya...

Have been thinking of writing a blog for quite a few days now, but was too lazy! Something strange has been happening. Umm…like some strange relationships, which made me want to write a blog.


I met a man of mid-forties long back. Say three years! And till date, a text message from him brings a smile to my face. He texted me once, “Wish we had a daughter like you!” That was special…and it still lies there in my inbox. Whenever the going gets tough, I just scroll through my saved messages, and tell myself, I have to get it going for all these people. I wonder why I love him so much…and thank God that he is in his forties, or else people would have mistaken my love.


On my way to office last week, I got into a cab. The cab driver was an old fellow in his sixties…and from that day he makes sure that I take his cab daily. He will call me every morning to make sure that I wait for him. The reason? I am supposedly his lucky charm! It’s supposedly because of me that his business goes well.


I smiled when I heard that…and somehow thought of my dad. The day I was born, he bought a scooter…now that was a big thing those days. And till date, he won’t sell it off for anything. Even I tried persuading him to sell the scooter off. But he will do everything to keep it…because I am lucky for him. And whenever he misses me, he will ride that scooter.


That day I heard my mom complaining…she supposedly sold off a cake oven because it was not of any use, and my dad blasted at her. The reason being simple…I baked my first cake in that oven…so no matter how many microwaves we might have now (and how many cakes I bake now), that oven should be there. And he actually bought back the oven with double the price it was sold off for, awing the shopkeeper. That made me smile!!!


And I realized that I might have moved away from my home, my heart is still there. And so it continues being a home to me.


And I realized that no matter how often I fight with my dad, I still love him too much…so much so that I dread the thought of not talking to him even for a single day.


And the strangest realization was, no matter how much I love him, my ego will never let me tell that to him…I will keep loving him silently…each day…each moment…all the more! And will keep fighting with him everyday…continue doing just the opposite of whatever he asks me to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…