rain-walker...





Guess what…the MONSOONS are here!! Time for the rain-walker in me to wake up!! Believe me…was trying pretty hard to let her slumber continue...by ‘her’ you know whom I mean, right? That kid in me who loves walking in the rain…not because she loves crying, but because she loves the feel of rain on her face.


It’s not that I don’t try…it’s just that every time I see the rain, I feel I just found a part of me that was lost!! Each time…every time….


As a kid I used to love rain…monsoons meant class teacher announcing rainy day…walking back from school all wet…walking down water logged streets intentionally taking the long way to make sure I spend a few extra minutes with my first crush… mom scolding and threatening, “next time you get wet, am not gonna wash your clothes”…me wondering why are all mothers so anti-rain. As I walked in the rain, I silently used to pray to God to wash away all the pages of my history book!


Rain changed its meaning as I grew up! A hot cup of coffee and my favorite author…watching the rain and philosophizing (no wonder philosophy was one of my graduation subjects)…wanting to shut the world out and get lost in my dreams….


Then…I turned to a night tripper! Long walks and silent conversations ruled my night! Endless calls…rain-walking 500+ kilometers…loving every drop of it… living life… and falling in love with it all over again!


Am I sounding crazy? Not that I care if I do!


Believe me…I have sobered down…now when it rains, most of the times I end up blogging! Not that I don’t rain-walk…but companies are a rarity! I really can’t help if I can’t work when it rains. I remember that I screwed my Bengali paper in +2 pre-boards because it was raining! I submitted a blank answer sheet! And that gave me the confidence ki if that hasn’t ruined my career (because my teacher also loved rain + he had enough confidence in me), nothing actually can!


Anyway, coming back to what I was scribbling…now…a text message carries rain in it, reminds me of the 500+ kilometers of rain walk... raindrops 500 kilometers away... and I smell rain in the Cloud!


Thanks rain-walker!

Comments

Unknown said…
Awesome feelings, rain is only thing which can’s allow us to WALK ALONE. Every drops of rain comes as soft touch of love and stays inside us as a sweet memory. I can remember all I have done for love – what was exactly my immaturity but only rain can changed it to love. Your note took me in long back, I must say... You really don’t know how you are writing, expecting a lot more from you.
moon.attic said…
yeah...true!! I remember someone saying me once: "when i fell in love for the first time, i wanted to gift her "Jara Brishti-tey Bhijechilo". But i didn't have money, so ended up writing our own "jara brishti t bhijechilo". :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…