Drives…


‘Riding in silence’…ever felt it? Those moments when you just drive (or ride is it? This term never fails to confuse me)…those moments when you actually feel that you can drive away all your pain…the soft music and an open road…an unknown (or perhaps known) destination…rain kissing the road…you wishing the rain to kiss you…

Those moments when you actually ‘live’ your life…those moments when you actually feel alive!

Rain walks and rain drives have always been my favorite. Something I relate to…something that touches the core of my existence. Don’t know how, don’t know since when…but since the time I remember knowing me, rain has been there.

What drives you?
You must have heard this question many times. Ever heard anyone answering “Drive drives me…”? Trust me, it does…just try the rain and drive combination! Look at the raindrops fall on your wind shield….put your face outside the window and feel the raindrops piercing your face…you would know what life means. You would know that life is beautiful.

I love life…for no reasons at all. I love to believe that I love life for no reasons at all. But then I see the rain…go out and get drenched…my very soul moistens up. And I know the reason behind ‘no reasons at all’.



Was driving (rather riding) down today…in Kolkata. Perhaps the most polluted city I have ever been to. A great day out…not-so-good movie, enjoyed-a-lot window shopping, good dinner…all in company of good people…people I love…

And long ride back home after all these. Thirty kilometers of 100km/hr driving on an open dark road (highway with lights under installation)…and a mind to think whatever I want to. Couldn’t help but shut my loud mouth for a while and just feel the feeling.

And realized was missing someone…I am. Smiled at myself…happy or sad…am yet to figure that out. Smiled at the thought of missing…and laughed at myself thinking perhaps I am too crazy to ‘smile’ when actually people should be sad about missing. But here again, lies the beauty of life. Couldn’t help but hum ‘Aye Khuda’ (from Pathsaala) when suddenly my cousin’s fiancé broke off saying how she absolutely loves the song and started talking about it.

Bang! Ends my being with myself!

Zappp!!! Back to reality!


Back to people who cares for me. Then suddenly a text…long drive and rain. Smiled…at the text or at myself…am yet to figure that out. Went to bed trying to be obedient!

But…couldn’t resist myself from posting this! So…sneaked out of my bed to post this!

Got to rush before mom wakes up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…