ideals


Let me be honest...was not planning to post this in the first place. But since this is my blog and I have (read I demand) the freedom to write crappy things here (since the readership is very less, and I prefer it being less), thought would as well write this.

The thought comes from my mom's daily calls...get married! What the hell...I mean to look at things; everybody has different set of ideals. My parents’ idea can never match mine...to give you a simple example; my family wants me to get married to a serious grumpy-faced teetotaler who would think thousand times before giving in to something that would make him smile. And I, for sure, know if not for love, I would better end up in being a jail rather than such matrimony.

My mom keeps asking me, tell us what kinda guy you want as your partner. And I keep saying her, someone who is equally bad and mad as me.

And suddenly, I know the exact words to define someone who would be ideal for me (mind you, am NOT talking of boy friends here, am referring to that confused breed of husbands)

"Someone to face the day with
Make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst I'm best with you"

Makes sense to you? Not that I care if it doesn’t. It does make sense to me…so let it be….
And am sure it would make sense to people who are mad/ madder than me. For the rest of the world – Let sanity prevail!

Amen!

Comments

indranil said…
defining your dream partner reminds me of the last lines of Chitrangada. possibly some where you echo her.

nohee debi, nohee samanya naree// puja koree morey rakhibey urdhey, shey nohee nohee//
hela koree morey rakhibey pichey, shey nohee nohee//
jodi parshey rakho morey shonkot-ey shompod-ey, sommoti dao kothon-o brotey shohay hotey.......
moon.attic said…
:-) Might be am not so bold as she is, but I do echo her in some way

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

Do I need you?