The Deccan Chronicle…

(This is a series post, as I would dig into my 15GB photo collection to relive the city…and it would take some time to sort out the memories. So would write as and when I do that.)


Yes…that’s what I chose to call this! Four long years…maybe will be here a couple of years more…maybe not. Life has been always bizarre…just when I think things look fine, it becomes a scrambled egg (thanks MG for this term). But I have a never-say-die hope, which tells me whatever happens, happens for good. It’s just that we momentarily fail to see the goodness (is that a term?) in them.
Anyway, coming back to my chronicle, all this while I never realized that the Deccan Chronicle has become a part of my daily life. A cuppa and DC or Hyderabad Times to start my day with…that’s what it has been for all these years! You know what…when I came over, first couple of months I used to miss my city…its morning paper. I tried reading DC and TOI, but couldn’t relate to the local places. And now, strangely, the same happens when I go back to Kolkata. I yearn for news of Hyderabadi broken roads and what’s on for sales.
So…here it goes! Places I have been to…and reflections through my eyes. I bet yours is gonna be different…since we don’t have the same eyes. And…memories do play a big role here…and am sure none of us can share the same memory.
It’s exclusively my feeling…you might as well love it and want to visit these places…or you might end up thinking this is all crap…
Just that when (if at all ever) I leave this city where I have been myself…I know which places to come back to find myself. Am just ensuring I don’t lose memories…

Old City:

The colors of this place never fail to fascinate me. The first time I visualized them, I fell in love with the city (perhaps with the person too, who made me visualize them). Name any color, you will find it here. And yeah, this place does make you feel you might come across Aladdin’s genie. Make sure you do visit this place if you do not have dust allergy (or not finicky about cleanliness).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…