Missed Thanksgiving…so what?

Just a month to go…and another dramatic year will see its end. Well, dramatic for me…am not too sure if you can use the same adjective. A year that began with loads of never-to-be-kept resolutions…a year when Kolkata got the most of me since 2006…a year that saw me happy most of the time…and a year that reconfirmed my belief in “This too shall pass!”

This is the year when every alternate month was supposedly exciting for Cancerians (or so predicted Susan Miller)…and every alternate month I excitedly found myself back to square one, to the extent of laughing at myself. Oops…almost forgot…this is also the year when my mom realized that times have changed and I can and do say (that too at alarming frequency) NO to guys.

2010 has been memorable, for reasons both good and bad. As hard as it might be, I learnt to smile this year…and yes…I learnt to believe in the fact that there is magic in our life, we just need to close our eyes and believe in it. And no…don’t open your eyes; the reality is not as rosy as you think.

Couple of days back a friend (don’t know if I can call him that, but will call him so till I find any other name to call him) warned me, “You are committing the second mistake of your life.” That sounded more like a red alert, making me laugh out loud. And made me wonder, when was the last time I realized something without committing a mistake. Never I guess! I love to learn things the hard way…gives me something to smile at when I look back. And this year, I ensured myself a lifetime stock of smile.

Wanted to ask him what was my first mistake. I lost count of the mistakes I made. But then, certain things are best left unsaid, and I chose to let it remain that way. That reminds me; I also learnt to ignore many things/ persons with a smile. Irritating for them, convenient for me!

I grew up. Won’t go into the details of it, but yes…I learnt to differentiate between to-dos and to-avoid. And to say no to things, to people. Though am yet to learn to say no to my parents, which as useful as it might be, am not too keen to learn.

2010 gave me some wonderful people in my life. Some of whom remained, some walked away…some from whom I walked away. But am carrying a little (or perhaps the whole) of them with me, and would perhaps continue to do so for the rest of my life. Happy to do so though.

I confirmed, reconfirmed, re-reconfirmed my belief in love…or shall I say thanked God for letting me know what love without expectation is. I fought with God the most, and at the end of every fight, I thanked Him from the bottom of my heart for making me what I am. For making me feel love all around me…and for helping me to believe in fairy tales again. Without any knight in shining armor, of course!

There are many things I could have done, should have done…but would save that for another post. As of now, just wanted to thank all those wonderful people who came into my life this year and made it worth living. And to all those who remained from past year(s) and are still bearing with my whims.

Thanks to all the people in my life for making this year a cherishing one.

Oops!! And thanks to myself for being my best friend and confidant throughout the year.



P.S.: As weird as it might sound, couldn't help but thank these songs for keeping me company
1. Aye Khuda 
2. Hero

Comments

AMATURE said…
I also learnt to ignore many things/ persons with a smile. Irritating for them, convenient for me!

Now I understand why u use so many smily in in chat. hahahaha
moon.attic said…
hahaha...smiley is more of a habit :-P
and by smile i meant real smile...in person :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…