Freedom?


I remember writing as a kid, “freedom sans responsibility is disastrous…” least realizing that being over responsible is dangerous. The thought springs up from an advice to listen more to what my heart has to say. Never in my life have I denied the fact that am more emotional than logical. To nullify that, my mind has always been more important when it comes to make decisions.

That short conversation threw me back to my introspective mode, making me realize once again that with freedom, I have learnt to be so responsible that somewhere deep down the line; I have learnt to ignore my heart.  Works well for me, since I have learnt to smile at life and move on with it.

But now when I look back, I see a different me. Not that I repent. I am happy the way I am. And thankful from the bottom of my heart to those people who have helped me be what I am. Some more than others, but all nevertheless!

And all of them renewed my sense of responsibility. Strange as it may seem, this sense of responsibility has detached my emotional self from my rational self. I know I don’t make any sense, except to those who have been the same.  It’s more like having split personality – a part of yours is a hopeless romantic emotional fool, another – a serious logical calculative diplomat. Some lucky people get a glimpse of the fool, while the world admires the diplomat. And all love the happy-go-lucky brat.

But somewhere between all these, at times I look back and wonder, Am I lost in translation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

Do I need you?