The tail of a fairy tale…

Do you believe in fairy tales? Or fairies? I don’t! But there was a time when I used to…only to realize that fairy tales don’t exist in reality.

There was a time…when I believed in the existence of fairies…talked to them endlessly looking at the moon. Then reality dawned in, which I was quick enough to accept. Only to build a dream world of my own, shut the whole world out of it and continue with my occasional emotional escapades to that world till date.

Don’t know if that makes life better or worse, but easier for sure! To accept that it’s perfectly fine to escape somewhere where nowhere can reach you, because it doesn’t exist in reality. Escapism is what you may choose to call it, I don’t care! As long as it makes me happy!

Was thinking about the tail of a fairy tale last night. A parallel thought…if you know what I mean. Something that’s always at the back of your mind while you continue working! A fairy tale that never existed perhaps…except in the mind. Which made me attachment phobic to the extent of making me smile at myself and wonder…

Just then I came across a picture that made me wonder…

When was it last time I believed in fairy tales?
When was it last time I counted the stars?
When was it last time I smiled at the moon?

Don’t remember! When did I grow up to be a realist!

Just a picture to make me realize: togetherness perhaps means believing in the fairy tale…however tattered, frayed, and repaired it might be…believing in it enough to make it work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

Do I need you?