Holidaying...


Shit man!! What do you do when you have loads of work to do and your concentration is on a vacation?

Three days…yes…three whole days and am yet to get it back! My concentration! Four days in Kolkata, and am out of my mind (not that I had a mind to be proud of before, but whatever there was, I lost it). Ended up being highly productive, typing one short email in eight hours! For which I was told: Relax, happens at times!

Yes…I did relax. And have been for the past three days. Am so much in love with my work that I am staring at it for hours. And forgot all the work plans I had, to the extent of asking “Oh, did I say this is the way to go about it?” and wondering “What is this all about?” when somebody questions how to implement my own idea.

Thought a way of getting my Hyderabad self back can be writing about Kolkata – the emotions I carry for the city. Couldn’t, so settled for a not-so-good translation of a song that has unknowingly borrowed some deep hidden emotions of mine.


I lost many things –

Pen, handkerchief, umbrella…
Those colored pencils of childhood, that yellow drawing book
Those bus tickets, my first cell phone in a taxi
My way again and again, only to make new friends in the new way…
Those summer afternoons, that room in the attic
Those dreamland rides across seven seas
My well-hidden forgotten first love letter

And now, all my city has to offer is…
Memories of lost time…and love!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…