A Lot Can Happen Over a Coffee…


Yes…it does! Or rather it might. Past four days have been awesome, most of it. Been on a whirlwind tour to the place which I grew up in, to the people I miss, which was kind of necessary, given the roller coaster ride that life has been over the past couple of weeks. Had an intuition that this time Kolkata would do me a world of good, and it did. Out of project deadlines and almost dead lines, it was a vacation and not just another trip back home to make me more tired.

And yes, a lot did happen over a coffee. Or coffees to be precise! Coffee and conversations… more of nothings than anything else! Of smiles and nonsense talks! Of aimless walks! Of missing people not around and smiling at the realization! Of deciding for the n’th time that its time to let certain things/ people go! Of dreading the thought of being back to Hyderabad!

And weird as it may seem, this time, after years, I miss Kolkata more than ever. I miss the CCDs and the under-construction flyovers, the traffic jam and the lazy cab drivers, the dust and the overheard conversations, the honking of the cars and the broken roads.

Call it the caffeine effect if you want to, but I am high on Kolkata this time. And have this urge to visit the city soon, just to roam around the streets, smell the dust, crib about the pollution, walk down the dingy lanes, watch the sunset at Princep Ghat, bargain for books at College Street, shop at Esplanade, walk down Park Street, drink at Oly Pub, feel the grass at Maidan, and do things I haven’t done for ages. Visit those places I forgot existed.

And yes… I do feel that I missed the Kolkata winter this time, should have listened to the “come over.”

And smile at a realization – CCDs are awesome, because a lot do happen over a coffee. Or coffees to be precise! Coffee and conversations….


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…