Have a Good Day!!

I woke up to the smell of the wet earth.

3:18 AM. Power cut and the smell of rain woke me up. It wasn’t like any other day. As the night sky was turning grey, I stood alone in the balcony in half light, trying to figure out the haves from the have-nots, the to-dos from the avoidable. While the streets gave in to the caressing rain, I closed my eyes to feel the cool breeze against my cheek. Heaven!

April rains at wee hours of the morning. In Hyderabad. Pure bliss! The first rains of the season. Crazy at it might sound; something pulled me to the terrace. I stood there; facing the sky, with raindrops caressing me. All I realized then was life is beautiful. And I didn’t care if tomorrow never comes. I don’t need one. That was my moment of life, of feeling alive… of being me. 

I took a dream-walk. To the alleys of the past, to the smiles left behind, to the half emptied coffee mugs and bookmarked pages of the poetry book. Beside the window that shared my first teenage rain. With the potted plants in the terrace of a place I still call ‘home’.

Shower gave way to drizzle and daybreak. I woke up from my dream-walk. With ‘Coming back to Life’ in the loop, I dragged myself back to my apartment and wished myself good morning. All the while wishing to go back to the rains! To moisten up the very core of my soul! But…

I have grown up. Outgrown my teenage self of poetry books and first crush.

The day has begun. Yes…it has! Have a differently good day!


Comments

Videhi said…
so well narrated..it was as if I was standing next to you hearing you say these :) good one!
moon.attic said…
Thanks Videhi. U r too generous with the compliment :)

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…