Being 'Weird'...

A year and some more days later, my hubby realized I am a little ‘weird’ than the women he has met (or dated) before. And am happy to hear that. Last evening our conversation started with why I don’t want to change my surname.

Though he respects me for what I am, sometimes he behaves like a ‘guy’. So I had to explain the why without fight. His reason was societal – everybody happily does! Mine was logical – why should I?

I asked him to do a simple exercise, and agreed if he does this for a week – I will officially change my surname. Asked him to write his name 100 times on a paper daily – with MY surname and NOT HIS. If he can do this for a week without a flinch, I will change my surname.

He promptly disagreed – how can he do that? Though he is as married as I am (sometimes more, because he adjusts most of the time to accommodate my whims)…he can’t imagine a changed surname.

My logic was laid bare – if he can’t do it just for a week, how does he expect me to do it my entire life.

He gave in – saying am ‘weird’.


And I happily admit – am proud of being weird. 

Comments

Sayani said…
funny and logical

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…