Lock-down lessons

Above all frustrations and fear, the lockdown has taught me a valuable lesson.

To pause. 

All my life I was afraid to pause. To live life in ‘suspended animation’ (I quote a friend here). I always need adventures to thrive on. And every time life seemed mundane, I hopped on the next superfast express.

Life has never disappointed me. Through all the heartbreaks and betrayal, I always managed to see the brighter side, learn, and move on (or pretend to).

I have been trying to find comfort in mundane for a while now. Comfort in a 6-year old job, and love in a 7-year old marriage.

Every time the office boy asks me if everything is fine after I go back after a break, I feel home. 
I feel loved when every morning, my husband plants a peck on my cheek before leaving for work. And on days when he avoids doing that (because I am mad at him), my daughter will not let him go without giving a ‘Puchi’ to Ma.

And the lockdown has taught me to notice and value that mundane routine.

To pause. Reflect. Breathe. Find happiness in mundane things.

Like watching a flower bloom in my balcony.
Watching my daughter waking up to find daddy at home
Laughing at Tom & Jerry
Painting an apple brown and leaves blue
Calling friends and relatives you haven’t called for ages
Checking on family
A hug when work calls get frustrating or the email exchanges seem never-ending
A foot massage and Black Label after a long day

Now I no longer yearn to go to the Himalayas every month to sip tea and stargaze.
I do it every evening from my balcony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…