A Wednesday…


Wednesday…

A rather boring one…more so because of a bad headache since morning. Had two Saridons already…thinking if I should have one more….

Can go back home…but then…

But then don’t know what…but am too lazy now to take the pain of going all the way back home. Maybe kind of got used to going back home late! Not feeling like working…half-done with my work (no idea when I will do the other half, or if I will do it at all)…listening to a song over and over again (have been doing this since day before yesterday)…not thinking of anything in particular…just watching a regular corporate day.

Having said that, don’t you think corporate life is boring? Or any job for that matter? Agree…I need to save my job, everybody needs to. But this whole idea of living life this way kind of sucks! Was talking to a friend the other day…he was cribbing about his team, sales target, and what not. Went on for half an hour… I was bored to the point of telling him, “Quit your job! Nobody will die if you do that!”…and his immediate reaction was: “What the hell! I have my car loan, gotta pay my bills, etc. etc.”

Fact is…he is used to the comfort. We all are. Used to shopping in malls, posh restaurants, and what not. I forgot the last time I did something crazy! Oh wait! I remember…

I remember…

When

Morning meant sleeping late bunking classes…and if at all we managed to wake up (thanks to all the mobile alarms put together), we would rush to class with toothbrush in one hand (that’s odd…but to save time, we washed our face in the academic block) and books on the other…

Afternoon classes meant struggling to stay awake and then peacefully dozing off to sleep…

Lunch meant burnt rotis in the mess with lots of home-made achar…

Evening meant uncountable cups of chai and adda…

Having exotic dinner meant spending 50 bucks for steam rice (for the uninitiated, that’s a combination of chicken and all vegetables u can think of boiled with rice and cooked in a corn flour gravy)…and then counting pennies for pan…

Night-outs meant sitting on the terrace with beer and guitar watching the night sky…


I bumped into an old friend of mine this weekend…and he asked me if I would come over to stay the next weekend. My immediate reaction was…of course! I had a corpo friend with me, she was shell-shocked! And came up with a question that we never thought of during all these years…”where will you sleep at night?”


And that’s when it occurred to me…I have changed my company!

Unlike now, then…

Night always meant hanging around in a gang…smoking (and smoking up too)… boozing…guitaring…chatting (and at times replacing each other! No one could guess who the other person is over the net)… watching Spanish n French movies…and then dozing off…three persons in a single narrow hostel cot.

Fun meant staying awake all night to go for bread omlette and chai at 3 in the morning…lying down on the parapet of sixth floor terrace to watch the sun rise, and then suddenly realizing we will hit death if we fall down (thanks A for that)…followed by “who cares”!...late night rehearsals of theatre…midnight whims of going to Hussain Sagar and then somehow escaping the patrolling van…and what not!

Missing those days? The fun? Feel like going back to those “chai samosa” days? Welcome mate!

Hey…wait! Go back to your work, while I get back to mine before my manager notices me blogging now and comes with a stick (btw, this window gets minimized every time he gets up from his seat)!

Will catch up later to share more on this…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…