forwards do help…

Again…no idea why I am putting it here…but just wanted to put it somewhere.

Wait! Perhaps I know the reason! Will be back home for a short vacation (though it will be more hectic than my usual working days) in a week…now realizing should perhaps cancel this and go for Pujas, but it’s too late to cancel now! Not that I can’t, but don’t want to spoil the excitement of my family…they have meticulously planned my 208 hours stay in the city (and I let them did that…ignoring all my promises to friends)…and am sure they will try to squeeze in as many relatives and special delicacies as they can in between.

Coming back to Puja…haven’t been to Kolkata during Durga Puja for four years now…and I know it’s difficult to plan for another trip in less than two months (mid October that is). Though late night planning is on, with me planning if not anything, will be there just for 3 days! But again, I know 3 days mean nothing…can’t even meet my friends…my family would want me home, my uncles and aunts would want me at their place, my college friends would have a whole set of plan ready, my school friends would have another set handy…and all the while I go in and out of my home, my childhood friends would throw angry looks for not giving them time.

So the sanest thing I can think of is tell everybody that I don’t have leave…and be here! True…I would miss Kolkata badly…would miss my home…would miss my friends…would miss ‘n’ number of things…but am sure that too shall pass! It has been the same every year! :-)

With all these thoughts running across my mind and my friends complaining am not at my wittiest best (how the hell can I be when my mind is working overtime?)…I was working with a straight face (well…almost! Punctuated by occasional smile)! When suddenly…saw a mail from my school class mate (mind you…not friend, because I can still count the number of times I spoke to her)…and thought would post it here. Just in case I can’t resist going back home in October and need a justification…this might (read will) help!

If you are undergoing the same dilemma as I am, this might as well help you. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



An elderly man in Mumbai calls his son in New York and says,

'I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce; 35 years of marriage... and that much misery is enough!'

'Dad, what are you talking about?' the son screams.

'We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,' the old man says.

'We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Hong Kong and tell her!'

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.

'Like heck they're getting divorced,' she shouts, 'I'll take care of this.'

She calls Mumbai immediately, and screams at the old man, 'You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then , don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR??' and she hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. 'Okay', he says, 'It's all set. They're both coming for 
our anniversary and paying their own airfare!!'


MORAL:


No man / woman is busy in this world all 365 days.

The sky is not going to fall down if you take few days LEAVE and meet your dear ones.

OFFICE WORK IS NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE and MONEY MAKING IS NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

Do I need you?