of late...

Let me live as I want to, I have arranged myself accordingly
Let un-got things remain so, getting everything ruins life


Like the blurred lights of your world, like some fragmented dusky glass
If you want to fly away, just spread your wings…
I promise not to let my binoculars stalk you.


These sails are all tattered; still I keep on writing story…
Not wanting to give in to her midnight whims anymore
I keep trying to swim across to find the shore…


If dawn finds love dropping silently from the sky
Don’t wake up and search for me
Your sleepy eyes won’t find me beside you


Don’t put on the lights for me
Am used to counting waves in the midst of human sea
Am lost in the station, and won’t take the last train back home


The dreams excite your blood and run at their own pace
If you ever get time from the race, think where do I lie in-between your fingers
I don’t want to get lost in calculation…


Not wanting to touch the dry spring onions left cold in the fridge
I have exhausted myself in the square meal you had last night
And I won’t let myself swim in a glass of water


Preface to this:
Of late, am addicted! Addicted to life…addicted to a song! Addicted to loving life!
Having listened to this song from a yet-to-be-released Bengali film for ‘n’ number of times now, I couldn’t resist translating this song.
For two reasons:
1. Translating emotions to words have been a passion lately
2. Thanks to the IT jargons that I keep using throughout the day, of late I realized am finding it difficult to put emotions to words
And of course, this song has touched me…so much so that I sleep with this on!


Note of thanks:
To Avik da, for sharing this song
To those very few people I relate to and who made me feel I need to get this emotion across in a language they understand 
To all those people who responded back to my text asking the English of ‘aabdar’
To all those who gave in to my logic that ‘aabdar’ can never be same as ‘nag’
To all those who didn’t give in
To all those who have liked the song and lived it (2-3 people to be precise)
To my office for letting me blog


Disclaimer: This is not a word-by-word translation. It’s just emotions put to words!

Comments

best ptc sites said…
Nice poetry ...
hard to understand but good to listen

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…