In retrospect...

With 2010 drawing close, like everybody else, I too have been thinking about things that I could have done, things I should have done, things I thought I would do but didn’t. For the last couple of days, this train of thoughts has been ruling my mind. But then, for most part of my past, I don’t repent. I have no reason to! It made me what I’m today. With all the heart aches and smiles, intelligent and stupid conversations, love and I-don’t-wanna-see your-face-again, life did move on. And am thankful it did.

But this post had to come. Just because I wanted to have a list of wish-could-have-done! But then thought, why be moronic? I can look back to those wonderful days…days I spent in the City of Joy. Now that I am kinda sure that 2011 or even 2021 won’t find me relocating to Kolkata (because that’s a bad career choice), and am in love with Hyderabad (well…I am…honestly!), why not look back?

Kolkata…in retrospect…

How does this sound? Now that am confident that looking back to the to-dos would only add on to my feeling of ‘Shit man!! I was such an a** h***’, how about loving and leaving a city? Is it somewhat same as loving and leaving a person? Or much more?

Somebody told me long back: Because we don’t stay in Kolkata, our love is different. Knowing well we can never ever return to our roots, we do keep loving the city. And perhaps loving the city has taught us to love and let go.  Trust me; once you realize you are in love with Hyderabad, you will learn to love and let go. It’s a wonderful feeling…loving in spite of not being able to be a part of it.

My first reaction was…no way! I will go back to Kolkata…that’s what love is. I love the city and will be back in no time. Love necessarily means being there. Years later, I realized, no matter howmuchever I love the city, I also love Hyderabad. And love perhaps mean loving yet letting go.  And smiling at life and the person who told you this when you look back.

So…thought would carry on with a series of ‘Kolkata… in retrospect’ posts. As and when I get time, I would relive the days and years I spent in the city. And would, of course, write more about the nooks and corners of Hyderabad too.

How is the idea?

(Thanks to AK for giving me a valuable feedback and making me realize, we do need time for ourselves)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…