Is life a complete circle?

It all started with a tagged Note on Facebook. Read it and smiled. And then buried the smile unknowingly in a heap of deadlines…

Until a G-Talk ping, ‘Busy?’ I knew he had something to say…I knew it the moment I read his tagged note. That’s what we always did. A ping after days, sometimes months! Wrapping up work as quickly as I could, I was back to him…my old friend.

He began without any introduction…as if we are aware of each other’s daily life. I picked it up from where he began. It had always been such…one just stating the result and other trying to sketch a complete picture. His monologue ended with “I knew you would understand.” And from there mine started: “How couldn’t I?”

Next was his turn to listen. I spoke while he filled in the blanks. And soon we were back to those good old days. Those class monitoring days, hour long afternoon phone conversations, discussing homework assignments, pooling by the same vehicle…when life was at its best. And we realized how we are carrying a part of our growing up years deep within us….that years of not being in touch couldn’t affect.

And silently wished if we could go back to those good old childhood days…life would have been so simple. But then, life moves on…so do we!

The conversation ended. And we kept wondering...is life a complete circle? Or just two parallel lines?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…