Scribbling…

 I.                   Smile

Your name brings to me a smile
That is silent, as are hills on a windless night
The trees will tell you this, if you wait awhile
For they will lie not, as others might

II.                Dreams I

The dreams are still there
And now I dream even more
They are all that I have
And I can give you no more

III.             Dreams II

Though it’s rare for one to smile
On a night when dreams just wilt and fall
It’s better to have loved and lost
Much better than never to have loved at all

IV.             First Love

Twenty years ago,
I couldn’t ask for your address.
Twenty years ago,
You lost my telephone number.
Twenty years…
Even a lifetime
Is not enough
To forget!


Dated: August 6, 2002

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Names unnamed!

Irons and Ironies...

the Questions…